Eddie Omar Rosenberg Khawaja has been employed in the Danish Ministry of Justice, where he focused on national and international criminal law and EU-law.
He has been a public prosecutor with the Copenhagen Police, the District Attorney, and the Attorney General. Prior to this he was employed at the Danish Institute for Human Rights. As a result, he has extensive experience in regard to both national, international criminal cases and human rights questions. In addition, his areas of expertise include immigration and asylum law, where he, in particular, has experience with taking cases of general public interest to the Immigration Appeals Board and to court.
He has also pleaded before the European Court of Justice. In these cases he especially draws on his knowledge of human rights and EU Law.
He teaches in various courses on criminal law and immigration law at the University of Copenhagen, and in courses arranged for lawyers and judges etc.
- Master in law from the University of Copenhagen 2003
- Danish Institute for Human Rights 2004-2007
- Ministry of Justice 2007-2011
- Director of Public Prosecutions 2011-2012
- Assistant prosecutor at Copenhagen Police 2007-2008
- Assistant prosecutor at Regional State Prosecutor for Copenhagen and Bornholm 2009-2012
- Homann Law Firm 2012-
- The Danish Bar and Law Society
- External lecturer in European Criminal Law and Organized Crime at the University of Copenhagen and assistant lecturer in Criminal Law.
- Former coach for the Jessup International Moot Court Competition at the University of Copenhagen, and lecturer in the course International Legal Assistance offered by the Director of Public Prosecutions.
- Danish, English and German