Bjørn Dilou Jacobsen is a lawyer with extensive experience within the field of immigration law, especially in regard to asylum cases, cases on family reunification, and work permits.
He also has experience with the area of family law, especially in regard to cases on custody and visitation rights. Prior to joining the practice, he was a special consultant at the Danish Institute for Human Rights, where he gained considerable experience with conducting national and international human rights cases.
He has a PhD in anti-discrimination law and is co-author to the latest edition of the main Danish textbook on immigration law.
He teaches courses on immigration and asylum law to other lawyers on a regular basis. He has also taught courses on ‘International Law’ and administrative law at the University of Copenhagen.
He has been appointed as the national expert for Denmark in the area of immigration law by MigNet, an international network of independent lawyers within the EU member states.
- MA (law) University of Copenhagen 2002
- PhD (law) University of Copenhagen 2009
- Junior Attorney at the law firm Jonas Bruun 2002-2003
- Legal officer at the Danish Institute for Human Rights 2003-2005
- PhD-fellow at the University of Copenhagen 2005-2008
- Legal consultant at the Danish Institute for Human Rights 2008-2010
- Homann Law Firm 2010-
- The Danish Bar and Law Society
- MigNet (network of independent legal practitioners in the field of immigration law within the EU member states)
- Lectures in international law at the University of Copenhagen
- Speaker at, inter alia, the Academy of European Law, the Danish Court Academy and the Danish Institute for Human Rights
- Former lecturer in Administrative Law and Legal Aid in Practice at the University of Copenhagen
- Former supervisor for the Nordic Human Rights Moot Court at the University of Copenhagen.
- Criticism of report on Eritrea published by the Danish Immigration Service
- The Danish government is getting ready to tighten the Danish rules on asylum.
- A New EU Immigration Portal Has Been Launched
- Legal Assistance to Individuals – Powers and procedures of effective individual enforcement
- Assistance to Victims of Discrimination by Equality Bodies of the EU Member States – a Scandinavian Perspective (PhD-dissertation)
- Influencing the Interpretation of the Law through Legal Proceedings – the Powers and Practices of Equality Bodies (under publication)
In addition, Bjørn Dilou Jacobsen has published several articles in Danish, mainly pertaining to anti-discrimination law.
- Danish and English